Vice President Kamala Harris did her best to appear likable during her remarks in Highland Park on Tuesday; the Veep was speaking on the recent mass shooting that killed 7 and injured 30 at a Fourth of July parade. Harris was roasted on Twitter after her remarks.
“We got to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to have take this seriously,” Harris said.
“The whole nation should understand and have a level of empathy to understand that this could happen anywhere [to] any people in any community,” she continued. “And we should stand together and speak out about why it’s got to stop.”
Watch the clip below:
Twitter went after Harris for the word salad remarks.
From The Daily Wire…
- James Woods, actor: “Word Salad Annie.”
- Nan Hayworth, M.D., former congresswoman: “Ms. Harris isn’t a voice for the voiceless, but she does speak for those who have absolutely nothing to say.”
- John Cardillo, political commentator: “She has to have brain damage, right?”
- Greg Price, political commentator: “Our first female VP! Chosen specifically because of her race/gender and literally sucks at this.”
- Edward Ongweso Jr., reporter: “Don’t they have Obama’s speech writers on retainer or something, what’s up?”
- Josh Olson, writer: “Ok, I give up. There ARE some jobs where you shouldn’t be allowed to drink on the clock.”
- Adam Rosen, writer: “Aside from how insane this quote is, no politicians seem to take this seriously, they never do, or else it wouldn’t keep happening, just my thoughts.”
- Jason Mattera, author: “She’s a walking billboard against diversity hires.”
- Whitney McIntosh, editor: “Every new quote of hers makes less and less sense as a complete sentence.”
- Arash Karami, writer: “My expectations for this administration was literally on the floor and they’re not even willing to meet me there.”
- Shay Stewart Bouley, writer: “I’m sorry, but no. Just no.”
- William Goodman, writer: “What the actual f***, man.”