This Privacy Notice explains how Read Seat Ventures (“Red Seat“, “we”, “us”, “our“) collects, uses, and shares your personal information, and your choices in connection with this. This Privacy Notice applies to websites and applications operated by Red Seat (collectively, the “Services“).
APPLICABILITY OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies to the following websites and applications operated by Red Seat (collectively, the “Services”):
- The First
- Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
- I’m Right with Jesse Kelly
- True Story with Mike Slater
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. We collect personal information directly from you and automatically as you engage with our Services.
(A) Information You Provide To Us
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Apply to be participate at Red Seat events. If you apply to be a volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor, or speaker at a Red Seat event, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, physical address, and telephone number) and your employment history and experience. We use this personal information to process and assess your application.
- Contact us. When you send us a question or inquiry, or ask for other support, you will need to provide us with personal identifiers (name and email address). We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services.
- Create an account. If you create an account, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, and email address). In certain instances, you may provide, at your discretion, additional personal identifiers (date of birth) and protected classifications (gender). Upon account creation, we will also store your selected username and password. We use this personal information to create and manage your account.
- Make a purchase. If you make a purchase, our third-party payment processor will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, physical address, and telephone number) and customer records information (payment card number, CVV, and expiration date). Our third-party payment processor will share with us your billing address and the last four digits of your payment card. We use this personal information to process your payment and provide the purchased product or service.
- Sign up for our mailing list. If you subscribe to our mailing list for updates, news, and special offers, we will collect your personal identifiers (name and email address). We use this personal information to send you updates, news, and special offers as requested.
- Submit content. When you submit content to us, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and telephone number) and your visual information (video or photograph). We use this personal information to review and publish your submitted content.
Red Seat may also use the personal information we collect as described in this section to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(B) Information Collected Automatically.
In addition to the personal information you provide directly, we may also collect information from you automatically as you use Services. This information includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information and location information:
- Usage information. This includes information regarding your interaction with our website or mobile application, such as which pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on, and referring website address.
- Device information. This includes certain information about your device that you use to access our Services, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Essential. We use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of the Services and mobile application, and to allow the Services to function properly.
- Functional. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, to remember your login information, to remember your preferences, to diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Analytics. Analytics cookies allow us and our analytics provides to recognize and count the number of users to the Services, see how users interact with Services, and when users are using the Services. We use this information to improve the Services. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Advertising. Advertising cookies identify and store behaviors that users take when visiting our Services. These cookies are used in order to identify you as a prospect for our services, deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Services includes social media widgets. These widgets may collect internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Services. These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media widgets are hosted by a third party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Email Tracking. We use MailChimp to send our emails and to analyze our email campaigns. The MailChimp emails contain web beacons that allow us to determine if an email has been opened and which links within the email you click on. In addition, MailChimp collects technical information associated with the email, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating system. You can disable this tracking by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
Particular third-party cookies on our Services to note include:
- DoubleClick. We utilize DoubleClick by Google to serve ads based on a user’s prior visit to our Services. Each visitor to our Services receives a different cookie and the information collected by the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics and allows us to see the total number of individuals who clicked on our ads. The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the Services of its partners, such as websites participating in Google certified ad networks. DoubleClick enables Google and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our Services and other websites on the Internet. Please review Google’s Privacy Notice at for additional information on how Google uses the information collected. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of targeted advertising by Google and this sharing, you can go to Google’s ad settings or you can install the DoubleClick opt-out add-on.
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Services by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel, on our Services as well as other websites on which Facebook Pixel is installed, is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
- Bing Ads. Bing Ads is a remarketing service provided by Microsoft. We use Bing Ads to service you advertisements based on your past visits to our Services. Please review Microsoft’s privacy practices for more information. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of this sharing and Bing Ads, you can follow these instructions.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Red Seat may need to make the personal information identified in this Privacy Notice available within Red Seat’s corporate family, with service providers, or with other third parties. These instances include:
Within Red Seat’s Corporate Family. We may share your personal information with Red Seat subsidiaries and affiliates for legitimate business purposes, general business management, and as permitted by law.
With Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Services. These service providers include our payment processor, communications vendor, analytics providers, website providers, marketing providers, analytics platform provider, and ecommerce platform provider.
With Third Parties. We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, prevent harm, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
In the Event of a Corporate Reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
With Your Consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Sharing in the Last Twelve (12) Months
For a Business Purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Red Seat has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers, internet and other network activity information, and customer records information to service providers that perform services on our behalf. These service providers include our payment processor, communications vendor, analytics providers, website providers, marketing providers, and ecommerce platform provider.
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and repair Services errors that impair functionality.
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information and location information to our IT support to maintain, improve, and upgrade the Services.
For a Sale. The use of certain analytics and advertising cookies may be considered a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. As such, in the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold your internet or other electronic network activity information collected via cookies to data analytics providers and ad networks.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
Correct or View Your Information. You may access your Red Seat account to correct or view certain personal information you have provided to us and which is associated with your account.
Online Advertising. To opt-out of interest based advertising generally or to learn more about the use of this information by our service providers you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Facebook Pixel. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page.
Bing Ads. You can follow these instructions to opt-out of Bing Ads.
Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics.
Email Tracking. You can disable this tracking by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
Marketing Emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Services, your account, purchases, or any assistance you request.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) entitles California residents to certain rights. To the extent the CCPA applies to our processing of your personal information, you would be entitled to the following rights:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding twelve (12) months. You may only submit a request for access twice within a twelve-month period.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. RED SEAT does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For requests submitted via email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices, or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at [contact].
DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform Website and mobile applications that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures, such as access controls, to protect the personal information we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice subject to change. Changes to the Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and we will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review this page frequently and review the Privacy Notice for any changes. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you via prominent posting on our Services.
If you have any questions or concerns on this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com